2010/03/13

2 sierpnia, 2021 Piotr Mikians 0 Comments

I am glad to announce that passing week in contrast to the previous one was very successful for my hobby!
Of course it could always be better (much better) if I only could remove such silly obstacles like wasting 8h of life every day in the office but don’t think it will happen this life…

So let’s start:
I began the week with preparing molds for casting. Thanks to the fact yesterday I had to go to Univ for the one day (the boss didn’t need to know it was only one day instead of whole weekend this time hehehe) I got 3 day off work so I was able to pour the rubber into molds to see what happens.
I am pretty satisfied with containters I constructed for molding – no leaking, proper size etc but unfortunately everything couldn’t be so perfect:
during molding I realised a single big bucket of silicone isn’t enough – I still need at least half of bucket more.
Second thing – it turned out the rubber wasn’t mixed enough so 2,5 of 7 molds are ruined. All in all I will have to get more silicone anyway but I really hate wasting money and that stuff ain’t cheap. On the other hand – learning hard way is the best way to learn anything so now I know fucking well what should I avoid and what can I do better.

Last Monday I also went to photographers meeting: I took lots of pics on pendrive to share and get some useful tips / constructive advices but it turned out some fuckhead screwed up and laptop wasn’t at place so all we could do was some theory.
Yet is was still ok because I learnt some stuff I wouldn’t make up myself. Let’s hope next time all gear will be delivered so I can learn much more.
Another achievement at this matter was getting more photo-tips from Mahon and Radovan (Dark Tower) – I printed some backgrounds I got from DT (too bad it was lasterjet instead of inkjet though) so minis I present this time were photographed under new conditions.

So the model on the top of this post is scavvy boss from my beloved Necromunda gang. It was painted a few years ago so it’s nothing jawdropping but I really love this sculpt, I had tons of fun playing campaingns in the Underhive and it’s good example of using one of new backgrounds.

You can compare it with artifical background used for the last hydra warrior I have: it’s nice bit you can clearly see it’s not natural. Speaking of Mid Nors – I am so glad I finished the last one.!!! Models are really nice and lot of fun to paint but apparently 3 zombie-goat-dwarfs in a row were too much for me. There now based and happy necro-family standing in my glasscase. I like the way models turned out on pic but don’t like yellowish hue on the background – it’s fault ot the damn laserjet.
And since we’re next to Rackham range – last Wednesday I took 2 aberrations to the office and pinned these sweet models. One of them (aberration prime if I remember it’s name correctly) was even undercoated. Today I wanna cast some bases so I also hope to build one for this Dirz nightmare.

As for the rest of the week – I started painitng Chaos Lord for Ebay (as I wrote – rubber ain’t cheap) – it’s heavy converted model so I hope some Nurle collector will adopt this piece – auction will start on Thursday.

I also got some old Mishima models from Warzone range – I always wanted to paint some of them and now when Dark Legion can use corrupted samurais – I want to paint them even more!!! The only problem is converting them into Dark Legionaires but I already have some ideas.

And the last thng this time – I sold CoD: Modern Warfare and got Dante’s inferno for almost same price! Hope to start oblitering hellish minions tomorrow!

That’s it for now – take care and see ya next Sunday!!!

Leave a Reply:

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany.